The people have spoken, and their message is clear: Boys’ Life magazine is hot.
The BSA’s official youth magazine, which covers everything in a boy’s life, was selected by readers as the Hottest Kids/Teen Magazine of 2014, according to poll results revealed by Adweek this morning.
By winning its category, Boys’ Life joins other industry leaders selected by readers as best in their field. Those include:
- Fast Company, Hottest Magazine of the Year
- Travel + Leisure, Hottest Travel Magazine
- Every Day With Rachael Ray, Hottest Food Magazine
- Women’s Health, Hottest Health/Fitness Magazine – Women
- Men’s Health, Hottest Health/Fitness Magazine – Men
See the full list here.
Editors at Adweek, a well-known advertising trade publication, initially selected six finalists as Hottest Kids/Teen Magazine of 2014: Boys’ Life, J-14, Seventeen, Sports Illustrated Kids, Teen Vogue and National Geographic Kids.
Next they put it to a vote to let readers decide their favorite. Thanks to strong support from BL readers, Boys’ Life survived the cut from six magazines to three. In the finals, BL went against Seventeen and National Geographic Kids — two well-known titles.
The race was close throughout, but the final tally looked like this:
- Boys’ Life: 30.6 percent
- National Geographic Kids: 25.2 percent
- Seventeen: 23.5 percent
Thanks to everyone who voted and declared what Boys’ Life readers have been saying for more than 100 years: BL rocks!
How to subscribe
Are your Scouts getting the Hottest Kids/Teen Magazine in their mailboxes each month? If not, here’s what to do:
- BSA Members: To subscribe to Boys’ Life at the member rate of $12 a year (that’s $1 an issue), check with your local Scout council service center.
- Nonmembers: To get Boys’ Life at the $24 a year nonmember rate, click here.