UPDATE: This event has passed, but the video of the 2023 National Fall Membership Kickoff is embedded at the bottom of this post.
Fall Cub Scout recruiting season is almost here, and the BSA has planned the perfect virtual event to make sure you’re prepared.
You’re invited to attend the 2023 National Fall Membership Kickoff scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 17, at 8 p.m. Eastern/7 p.m. Central/6 p.m. Mountain/5 p.m. Pacific.
The event is open to everyone, including BSA volunteers at all levels, and will feature some best practices and tips to make your unit’s joining event the best it can be.
“Our goal is to educate, inspire and activate volunteers around the country,” says Otto Goedhart, the BSA’s manager of membership growth. “We hope to inspire them with stories of the profound impact our organization makes in the lives of families in order to help them execute an effective fall recruitment.”
What topics will be discussed at the 2023 Fall Membership Kickoff?
Among the topics covered:
- the BSA’s new fee structure;
- updating your BeAScout pin;
- how BSA staff and volunteers can best work together;
- how to bring Scouting to areas where school access is difficult or not allowed;
- how to conduct an effective and efficient signup night;
- the benefits of peer-to-peer recruitment;
- the benefits of conducting a separate parent orientation event;
- how to promote Scouting via social media;
- and how to start new units.
By the end of the evening, we guarantee you’ll be energized and ready to recruit new members this fall.
What do I need to do to Be Prepared for this event?
Just register in advance, then log on at the appropriate time and put your listening ears on.
If you’d like to do some research to familiarize yourself with some of the concepts that will be discussed, we suggest:
- watching our previous Facebook Live video in which we discuss the BSA’s new fee structure;
- reading this story about the importance of updating your BeAScout pin;
- and reading our stories on the benefits of passive recruiting and normal friend activities.
Inspire Leadership, Foster Values: Donate to Scouting
When you give to Scouting, you are making it possible for young people to have extraordinary opportunities that will allow them to embrace their true potential and become the remarkable individuals they are destined to be.Donate Today