Scouting opens doors to lifelong learning and adventure. If you have what it takes to share the adventure with future generations, consider West Virginia University’s Scouting Degree Programs, which will set you on the path to becoming a Scouting professional.
The university’s programs in organizational leadership and adventure recreation management both debuted within this past year. Both degree programs are rooted in leadership development and nonprofit leadership, and will lead to a wide variety of rewarding career choices, including chief executive officers, field operations and support services staff, fundraisers, educators and program administrators. There will be internship opportunities, and the BSA will work with students to find meaningful jobs all over the United States (international positions are possibilities as well).
Learn about the program specifics below and begin planning your campus visits to WVU and WVU Tech this fall.
Choose your path at scouts.wvu.edu
West Virginia University has partnered with the BSA to train future leaders of nonprofit organizations. The programs are designed to prepare students to positively impact their communities, specifically youth.
- Organizational Leadership– WVU, Morgantown, WV – Visit campus this fall on one of two Discover WVU Days on Oct. 19 and Nov. 16.
- Business and nonprofit management
- Organizational change and leadership development
- Conflict resolution, critical thinking, problem-solving
- Adventure Recreation Management– WVU Tech, Beckley, WV – Visit campus this fall on one of two WVU Tech Open Houses on Oct. 5 and Nov. 2.
- Program management and outdoor industry experience
- Adventure program risk assessment and analysis
- Certification in challenge course technology, rock climbing, whitewater and more
These bachelor’s degree programs are hands-on. Situated near the Summit Bechtel Reserve, students will have access to the high-adventure opportunities there, where they will learn by doing.
Email your degree program questions and share your interest in visiting WVU and WVU Tech today by emailing BeAProfessional@Scouting.org.