If you enjoy the water, then Sea Base is the place to be.
Sea Base, stationed in the Florida Keys, operates 19 different programs in the Bahamas, Florida Keys and U.S. Virgin Islands. Scouts can choose to camp, paddle, sail, fish, scuba-dive or participate in multi-adventure or a STEM adventure.
You can select a specialized program that interests your Scouts, whether they’re greenhorns or experienced seafarers. Adventures provide opportunities to explore historic seaports and state parks, kayak on the ocean, complete service projects at a national park and observe the rich biodiversity of saltwater ecosystems.
Multiple spring and summer 2022 dates are still available.
Sea Base registration
Reservations are immediate and first-come, first-serve. There is no lottery. Reservations for 2023 are open starting Jan. 12. Reservations for 2022 are still available. To complete a reservation, units will need to pay $250 per reservation using either a credit card or online check. All subsequent payments must be made by online check.
Other Sea Base news you need
- Bahamas sailing: Fly directly into Abaco, Marsh Harbour, Bahamas. Board your vessel and set sail on the Sea of Abaco, visit historic settlements, snorkel and fish. Crew sizes for Bahamas Sea Base Adventures are up to eight, 12 or 20 Scouts. No overnight sailing experience required.
- Brinton Environmental Center: Located just outside of historic Key West on Summerland Key, the environmental center offers ocean adventures including: Keys Adventure up to eight Scouts, Florida Fishing Adventure up to eight Scouts, Out Island Adventure up to eight Scouts and the Marine STEM Adventure up to eight Scouts. It’s home to the World Organization of Scouting Movement’s lone threatened/endangered coral nursery. All programs offered are multi-adventures and include elements of service and conservation. No prior experience required.
- Florida Keys sailing: Arrive at the Florida Keys, board your vessel and set sail in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. Units sail, fish and snorkel the United States’ lone barrier reef. Florida Keys sailing programs include: Coral Reef Sailing up to eight Scouts, STEM Eco-Sailing up to 12 Scouts, Keys Adventure Sailing up to eight Scouts and Sea Exploring Sailing Adventure up to 20 Scouts. No overnight sailing experience required.
- Florida Keys scuba: Travel to Sea Base in Islamorada, meet your professional dive instructor or dive masters and embark on an adventure of underwater discovery. Scouts not only scuba-dive, but they also participate in service projects such as coral conservation, marine debris removal, fish counts and more. Florida Keys Scuba programs include: Scuba Adventure up to eight Scouts (must be certified divers), Scuba Certification up to eight Scouts, Scuba Live Aboard up to 12 Scouts (must be certified divers) and Scuba Advanced Marine Exploration up to 12 Scouts (must be certified divers). All scuba participants must meet BSA Scuba Policy restrictions and be approved by the Sea Base medical director.
- S. Virgin Islands: Fly directly into the U.S. Virgin Islands. Board your vessel and set sail upon the Caribbean Ocean, hike U.S. Virgin Islands National Park trails, visit settlements and beaches, snorkel beautiful reefs and complete service projects. Adventures are for up to eight or 12 participants. No overnight sailing experience required.