Ahoy! Adventures await at the Sea Base.
Sea Base, stationed in the Florida Keys, operates 19 different programs in the Bahamas, Dry Tortugas, Florida Keys and U.S. Virgin Islands. Scouts can choose to camp, paddle, sail, scuba-dive or participate in multi-adventure or a STEM adventure.
You can select a specialized program that interests your Scouts, whether they’re greenhorns or experienced seafarers. Adventures provide opportunities to explore historic seaports and state parks, kayak on the ocean, complete service projects at a national park and observe the rich biodiversity of saltwater ecosystems.
If you enjoy the water, the Sea Base is the place to be. Multiple winter, spring and summer 2021 dates are still available.
Sea Base registration
Reservations are immediate and first-come, first-serve. There is no lottery. Reservations for 2022 are open starting October 28. Reservations for 2021 are still available; check this page. To complete a reservation, units will need to pay $250 per reservation using either a credit card or online check. All subsequent payments must be made by online check.
Registering for a life-changing high adventure base expedition is an exciting and sometimes competitive experience. To Be Prepared for the best possible experience on registration day, see more information here and this checklist for making sure your My.Scouting account is up-to-date.
Other Sea Base news you need
- Bahamas sailing: Fly directly into Abaco, Marsh Harbour, Bahamas. Board your vessel and set sail on the Sea of Abaco, visit historic settlements, snorkel and fish. Crew sizes for Bahamas Sea Base Adventures are up to 8, 12 or 18 Scouts. No overnight sailing experience required.
- Order of the Arrow Ocean Adventure, Dry Tortugas: Meet at BSA Camp Sawyer and then embark aboard an ocean-going vessel to Dry Tortugas National Park. Accessible only by vessel or sea plane, Order of the Arrow participants seek adventure, complete service projects and camp at Historic Fort Jefferson.
- Brinton Environmental Center: Located just outside of historic Key West on Summerland Key, the environmental center offers ocean adventures including: Keys Adventure up to 8 Scouts, Florida Fishing Adventure up to 8 Scouts, Out Island Adventure up to 8 Scouts and the Marine STEM Adventure up to 8 Scouts. It’s home to the World Organization of Scouting Movement’s lone threatened/endangered coral nursery. All programs offered are multi-adventures and include elements of service and conservation. No prior experience required.
- Florida Keys sailing: Arrive at the Florida Keys, board your vessel and set sail in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. Units sail, fish and snorkel the United States’ lone barrier reef. Florida Keys sailing programs include: Coral Reef Sailing up to 8 Scouts, STEM Eco-Sailing up to 12 Scouts, Key West Sailing Adventure up to 8 Scouts and Sea Exploring Sailing Adventure up to 20 Scouts. No overnight sailing experience required.
- Florida Keys scuba: Travel to Sea Base in Islamorada, meet your professional dive instructor or dive masters and embark on an adventure of underwater discovery. Not only do Scouts scuba-dive, they participate in service projects such as coral conservation, marine debris removal, fish counts and more. Florida Keys Scuba programs include: Scuba Adventure up to 8 Scouts (must be certified divers), Scuba Certification up to 8 Scouts and Scuba Live Aboard up to 12 Scouts (must be certified divers). All scuba participants must meet BSA Scuba Policy restrictions and be approved by the Sea Base medical director.
- U.S. Virgin Islands: Fly directly into the U.S. Virgin Islands. Board your vessel and set sail upon the Caribbean Ocean, hike U.S. Virgin Islands National Park trails, visit settlements and beaches, snorkel beautiful reefs and complete service projects. No overnight sailing experience required.
Support the BSA National High Adventure Base Camp Scholarship Fund
Your support can help bridge the gap between ambition and access, allowing Scouts to participate in life-changing experiences at BSA’s National High Adventure Bases. Help make epic adventures a reality that will ignite a lifelong passion for the outdoors.Donate Today