Winter coats marked down all summer long! Halloween costumes on sale beginning Nov. 1!
Some sales seem timed to meet the interests of the company, not the needs of the customer.
But every now and then, the right sale comes at exactly the right time. That’s the case with the Scout Shop uniform sale. You can save on essential elements of the Scouting experience right as a new Scouting year begins.
Here’s the deal: From now through Oct. 31, families can get 25% off any uniform bottom when they buy a uniform top from the same program.
The sale’s only rule is that the top and bottom must be from the same program, meaning you can’t pair a blue Cub Scout shirt with green Scouts BSA switchbacks.
Beyond that, the process of saving a few extra bucks follows that old Cub Scout saying: “Keep it simple; make it fun.”
Keep it simple: Just use the code CUBSCOUT25 or SCOUTSBSA25 when ordering at ScoutShop.org, and watch the savings appear in your cart.
Make it fun: Keep shopping the site for other fun surprises, such as Pinewood Derby gear, camping equipment or craft supplies.
Stock up and save
When it comes to buying things my family needs, I sometimes forget the Scout Motto.
Instead of remembering to “Be Prepared,” I’ll shop for something the instant we need it. As you might expect, that’s rarely when that “something” is at its cheapest.
Savvy shoppers do it right. To save cash, they buy things in anticipation of future needs. They get their heating oil — and, yes, those winter coats — in the summer. They stock up on holiday decorations in early January.
That same thinking applies to this Scout Shop sale. Even if your family doesn’t need a uniform right now, consider these scenarios:
- Your Scout will soon grow out of their current uniform. (They grow up so fast! <sniff>)
- This is the year your Scout moves from a Cub Scout pack to a Scouts BSA troop. (See previous parenthetical.)
- A Scout in your family has a sibling who will soon be joining them on their Scouting journey.
- Your own leader uniform is ready to be retired (and donated!) and replaced with a new one.
- You have a long-term event in your future where you’ll need more than one uniform. (I took three full uniforms to the 2017 National Jamboree, for example.)
The five W’s (and one H)
- Who: Eligible uniforms are those for:
- Cub Scouts
- Cub Scout leaders
- Scouts BSA youth
- Scouts BSA adult leaders
- (Note: Venturing and Sea Scout uniforms are not included in the sale.)
- What: Get 25% off uniform bottoms with purchase of a uniform top from the same program.
- When: The sale runs from Aug. 17, 2020, to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Oct. 31, 2020.
- Where: At ScoutShop.org and participating Scout Shops. (Use the store locator and be sure to call ahead to make sure your store is both open and participating in the sale.)
- Why: Because savings.
- How: Use the promo code CUBSCOUT25 to save on Cub Scout uniforms or SCOUTSBSA25 to save on Scouts BSA Uniforms, Cub Scout leader uniforms, and Scouts BSA leader uniforms.