Get ready this Saturday for the most fun event you and your Scouting family can attend from home.
Introducing Family Fun Fest – where you get to join Scouts across the nation in building a Pinewood Derby car, putting together a model rocket, learning how to draw something new, listening to some really cool guest speakers and winning incredible prizes.
Where: It’s virtual! You can participate from anywhere with internet access.
When: Saturday, August 8, from 11 a.m. EST to 2 p.m. EST and Saturday, September 12, time TBA
What: Not to give away any secrets, but here are just a few things that will be coming your way throughout the day:
- Vote on how you want to build a Pinewood Derby car, and watch it happen live on the show
- Learn some tricks to make your Pinewood Derby car super-fast
- Meet NASCAR driver Joey Logano
- Enter to win prizes that will be given away every 30 minutes to live viewers
- Chat with NASA astronaut Dr. Bernard Harris, the first African-American astronaut to complete a space walk
- Learn how to make a water rocket
- Check out some awesome pets
- Draw alongside professionals and vote on what art you want to create
You have so many ways to snag yourself a freebie that it bears detailing out.
RSVP to the live event on Facebook and sign up for updates on the landing page to double your chances to win — your RSVP on Facebook is an entry and your sign-up on the landing page is another entry! There will be 67 lucky people chosen to win! Here’s what is up for grabs:
- 5 gift cards to the Scout Shop, worth $50 each
- 5 BSA Hammocks
- 2 Eureka 6P Sunrise Tents
- 15 Goal Zero Flip 10 Chargers (Plum)
- 10 Goal Zero Flip 20 Chargers (Green)
- 5 Goal Zero Lighthouse Micro Rechargeable Lanterns
- 5 ENO Hammock Glow Lanterns
- 20 Klymit 18L Backpacks
Another way is to fill out an Adventure Log. Once you complete as many line items as you can, snap a picture and post on social media with the hashtag #famfunfest to be entered to win. Six winners will be randomly selected to win a $200 gift card to the Scout Shop (three during this Saturday’s event and three for September’s event.)
You can also win by participating in the live event. As mentioned above, there will be a giveaway every 30 minutes. What are we giving away, you ask?
Want to get more involved?
Do you want to get more hands-on while you participate at home? Well, here are a few things to have ready on standby. Totally not mandatory, but they will level up the virtual fun.
- Some paper and something to draw with (pencils, pens, markers, etc.)
- A Pinewood Derby kit to make your own car (and don’t forget those accessories!)
- The Scout rocket kit (first time diving into the world of model rockets? Check out this blog with some additional details)
- A 2-liter water bottle, construction paper, scissors, stickers and access to running water