Scouters, now you can carry more of the tools you need to do your job everywhere Scouting takes you.
The myScouting app, the BSA’s official app to help leaders facilitate the Scouting program, has a refreshed look and all-new features.
The app is free and available now for Android devices (Android 4.4 KitKat or higher), as well as iPhones and iPads (iOS 9.0 or higher). Just search “myScouting” in your device’s app store.
When you open the app, you’ll log in with your myScouting username and password. The app will show you the tools available to you based on your Scouting position.
You’ll see your member ID, how many days remain until your Youth Protection training expires, links to resources and much more.
Other noteworthy features of the myScouting app include:
- An organization roster so you can see all active adult members registered under your governance — down to the unit level. You can filter by Youth Protection trained status, position trained status and more. You can easily update this information, too, and even call or email directly from your device. And of course you can update your own contact info — address, phone number, email — right in the app as well.
- A training center that lets you complete Youth Protection training and other online trainings right from your device. You can also view, save and send completed training certificates in the app.
- Commissioner tools so commissioners can complete unit assessments, track roundtables, and view and track commissioner assignments.
- Calendar and announcements pages so Key 3 members can share updates with members registered under their governance.
- A resources page with links to the latest BSA material, such as the Guide to Advancement or Handbook for District Operations.
The new app supports both English and Spanish. There’s also a night-mode feature that darkens the screen — so you won’t keep your spouse awake when you’re working on Scouting late at night.
Behind the scenes
The app is the work of the BSA’s information delivery group. An array of volunteer beta testers offered their feedback on ways to improve the user experience.
Have some feedback to share? You can do so from within the app.