Trapped on a roof, MacGyver bent the steel shaft of a TV antenna and held on as he zip-lined down a rope to the ground.
When he needed a plane, MacGyver built his own using bamboo poles, a tent, a lawnmower engine and — naturally — duct tape.
And when a typewriter broke down, he repaired it with a Swiss Army knife and the ink cartridge from a ballpoint pen.
Yeah, there’s a reason blog readers selected MacGyver as one of the fictional characters most likely to be an Eagle Scout. Like real-life Scouts, MacGyver is kind, brave and resourceful.
The MacGyver of the 1980s and early ’90s used problem-solving skills, science and found objects to defeat bad guys. Now, he’s back and better than ever.
In celebration of an all-new MacGyver series, premiering Friday on CBS, Scouts are invited to enter the MacGyver Challenge: Scout Edition Sweepstakes for a chance to win big prizes.
The top prize is grand indeed: an expenses-paid trip to the MacGyver set in Atlanta for a Scout and his parent/guardian — plus a pizza party for the winner’s troop.
Find the challenge details below, but don’t delay. Like everything in MacGyver’s world, there’s not much time; the challenge ends Oct. 31, 2016.
MacGyver Challenge: Scout Edition
- The challenge launched Sept. 21, 2016, and ends Oct. 31, 2016.
- It’s open to registered Scouts and Venturers ages 12 to 17.
- One grand-prize winner (plus one parent/guardian) will win a trip to the MacGyver set in Atlanta and a pizza party for his or her troop or crew.
- Ten second-place winners will receive a MacGyver “swag package,” including a MacGyver-branded bag, shirt, paracord and a collector’s-edition patch.
- 5,000 entrants will receive the collector’s-edition patch seen here.
- Winners are chosen randomly.
- Just for fun, Scouts can also submit a photo of their MacGyver project or tell us about their project idea.
- Enter and find more details at this link.