Ever watched a group of Scouts tackle a rock-climbing wall?
They make it look so easy!
Now, as an adult, we can try to shimmy up a rock-wall in a nimble nanosecond — but let’s just say it’s a lot tougher than Scouts often make it look. (We’ll chalk it up to their youth.)
But that doesn’t mean adult leaders can’t join in the rock-climbing fun. We’re here to give one Scouter an extra boost on his or her way to the top: the GOING UP! GIVEAWAY.
One Scouter will win a bundle of excellent rock-climbing gear suitable for a beginner and/or intermediate climber. The gear includes: a pair of EVOV climbing shoes, a Black Diamond Vector helmet, a Petzl starter kit, and Julbo sport glasses. Total prize package is $365.
Read more about the GOING UP! GIVEAWAY gear selected by our gear expert, Stephen Regenold (of TheGearJunkie.com) featured in September-October 2012 issue of Scouting magazine.
Enter now for a chance to win this rock-climbing gear package. And don’t forget: Your odds of winning increase the more you enter, so be sure to enter daily. Plus, use the “Tell-A-Friend” link that’s displayed after your entry—by sharing via e-mail, Facebook, or Twitter—and you can earn up to one entry per friend who enters. The contest ends Sept. 30.
And, the winners of the August CUT ABOVE GIVEAWAY are …
Grand-prize winners of a Gerber Mike Horn knife:
- Rob Terry of Stillwater, Okla.
- Bowman Ching of Sunnyvale, Calif.
- Mat Greenfield of Lehi, Utah
- Brennan Toomey of Maple Valley, Wash.
- Jay Lash of Vinton, Iowa
- Chad Nabity of Grand Island, Neb.
- Courtney Evans of Fredericksburg, Va.
Runners up, receiving a Gerber Steady multitool:
- Mike Rupp of Nixa, Mo.
- Jeffrey Spurlock of Pleasan View, Tenn.
- Kristy Bosworth of Mesa, Ariz.
- Rebecca Hayes of Bonaire, Ga.
- John Cary of Thaxton, Miss.
- Christina Muller of St. Louis, Mo.