This Eagle Scout infographic pretty much says it all

Yesterday, we got scientific proof that Eagle Scouts are awesome.

Today comes the visual evidence.

After the jump, don’t miss a stunning infographic that answers the question: Who exactly are these 2.1 million Eagle Scouts?

The question — and answer — come at a great time as we celebrate 100 years of the Eagle Scout Award!

Click image to download (PDF)

Thirsty for more infographics? Check out these:

Did you hear?

There’s a new Eagle Scout badge for boys who earn the award in 2012. Check it out.

12 Comments on This Eagle Scout infographic pretty much says it all

1. Dont know who makes these infographics but they are a great way to distribute a lot of information in a small, eye-catching space. Im going to use the “report to the nation” graphic for some upcoming recruiting events and the “philmont” graphic to recruit for next years council contingent.

It would be great to have a single page here on the site (even better, on scouting.org) that links to all of the graphics. Searching for “infographic” gets most of them but didnt find a couple of the high adventure base graphics.

2. Greg Shaffer // April 11, 2012 at 11:54 am // Reply

Proud to be an Eagle, I know there has to be a way to get a replacment of my Eagle card. Can you give me a starting point?

• Jon Rosemann // April 11, 2012 at 12:17 pm // Reply

First start at your council offices, they will most likely tell you to contact the National offices. Goodluck sir.

• Stuart Lai // April 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm // Reply

I believe NESA also has some replacement items.

• NESA prints and distributes those cards. The local council offices generally have the forms, or you can go here, online:

• NESA is where I got mine, and it’s plastic instead of paper as it was in 1965 when first issued.

• Jeffrey Dronenburg Sr. // August 14, 2012 at 7:04 pm // Reply

Best place to start for replacement Eagle Scout cards and certificates is http://www.nesa.org. On the LH sidebar, there is a menu link to the form for replacement credentials. Allow 3-4 weeks for processing. I did this for my brother-in-law who made Eagle Scout in 1961 and had the new certificate framed for his Christmas present. Its easy and inexpensive.
      Here’s another link to the form (self explanatory):

3. Ted Nichols // April 11, 2012 at 10:21 pm // Reply

Is this infographic and the others for the High Adventure bases available in a hi-res file so we can print a poster of them to hang in our meeting room?

4. Lori Lundy // April 12, 2012 at 8:03 am // Reply

Proud of my Eagle Scout Ryan Lundy who completed his BOR on 12-16-11 and whose project was designing and building a People’s Garden as a gift from the US embassy to the National Science Museum in Seoul, South Korea. Keep supporting all of our scouts!

5. Bryan, not sure who to ask this of so I’ll put it out here. Is there any way to update the Eagle distribution graphic to instead be based on a population density instead of simple raw numbers? I would expect CA, UT, TX, and NY to lead the way for total numbers, but how would they compare as a a measurement of density? UT would still top the list I’m sure, but what about the less populous states?

6. Reblogged this on The Otter Blog.

7. Vic Enchelmayer // April 26, 2012 at 6:35 pm // Reply

How do I become a follower of this blog, Brian. We met at Jamboree when I was working with John Ingrim from Boy’s Life Magazine.
    We met in the trailer one afternoon. I have our photo. Your magazine is awesome.

6 Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. New York OA Trader | Today’s Links April 23, 2012
  2. 10 ways to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Eagle Scouts « Bryan on Scouting
  3. An Important Decision: The Eagle Project | Scouting Rediscovered
  4. Why are so many boys taking so much longer to reach Eagle Scout? « Bryan on Scouting
  5. Greatest hits: My 12 most-read blog posts of 2012 « Bryan on Scouting