If you’re the man or woman who tracks advancement for your Scout unit, here’s an opportunity to get trained, have fun and spend a week at one of the greatest places in the Scouting universe.
In other words, I think you’ll find these Philmont Training Center courses will meet all of your requirements and more.
There are two courses available:
Mechanics of Advancement, held June 17 to 23, is for new advancement administrators or unit, district or council volunteers and professionals who could use a refresher on advancement procedures. (And, really, who wouldn’t benefit from that?)
Advancement Issues and Solutions, held Aug. 5 to 11, is for experienced volunteer advancement administrators who want to take their game to the next level.
If that’s all the info you need, stop reading right now and go register.
If you need further convincing, read on.
Mechanics of Advancement
June 17 to 23, 2018
- Presenters are experts in advancement issues and have a full understanding of the Guide to Advancement
- This course is for new advancement administrators or unit, district, or council volunteers and professionals in need of a refresher on advancement procedures.
- Attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the essentials of advancement.
- Attendees will gain an appreciation for the rationale behind the policies and procedures governing advancement.
- Discussions will focus on effective ways to resolve advancement issues and challenges that arise.
Advancement Issues and Solutions
Aug. 5 to 11, 2018
- This conference is designed for experienced volunteer advancement administrators in the unit, district and council.
- This includes advancement coordinators, chairs, committee members, and staff advisors.Here you will share ideas with other committed advancement administrators.
- You will learn about the latest updates on advancement issues.
- You will analyze, discuss, and solve case studies similar to those regularly dealt with by the National Advancement Program Team and the Eagle, Summit, Quartermaster Issues Task Force.
- You will gain a better understanding of the effective use of the Guide to Advancement and the confidence to handle difficult issues at your level.