Cub Scout leaders, I know I already blogged about the Jan. 17 webcasts outlining imminent changes to the Cub Scout program.
But I also know you’ve slept (and celebrated several holidays) since that original post. So I’m reminding you again. It’s that important.
On Saturday, Jan. 17, an hourlong webcast will cover the coming changes, how to prepare and when resources will be available.
Sessions are position-specific, but anyone in any role who has an interest in the new Cub Scout program is welcome to attend.
Use this Facebook invite link to join and invite other Cub Scout leaders you know.
Now I’ll answer a few questions that arose with my initial post:
- What if I have to work that day?
- The webcast is on a Saturday. It was scheduled that way so those of you with Monday-to-Friday jobs can attend.
- I know it’s on Saturday, but I still can’t make it.
- The webcasts will be recorded and archived at the BSA’s Program Updates page for later viewing.
- How long will the webcast last? I want to know how much time to budget.
- About 60 minutes.
- Do I need special software or to register?
- No, just go here at the designated time.
- I’m a Cubmaster and a den leader. Can I attend both?
- Sure! Although the content will be geared to the roles listed, anyone with an interest in learning about the new Cub Scouting program is welcome to attend.
- What’s the webcast schedule?
- Here you go…
Webcast schedule — all are on Saturday, Jan. 17
- 8 a.m. (Central), or
- 3 p.m. (Central)
Den Leader Webcasts
- 9:30 a.m. (Central), or
- 4:30 p.m. (Central)
LDS-Specific Considerations *
- 11 a.m. (Central), or
- 6 p.m. (Central)
* It is recommended that those interested in the LDS session view one of the role-specific sessions first.