All four Boy Scouts nominated for the American Spirit Award are deserving of the honor, but only one can win. And you get a say in who that will be.
Last week, you met each of the four young men right here on our blog:
- On Monday, we told you about the award itself.
- On Tuesday, you met T.J. Ellwein of the Baltimore Area Council. T.J. cleaned up a section of Arlington National Cemetery.
- On Wednesday, you met Brad Garr of the Grand Canyon Council. Brad received awards for his leadership work on four huge conservation projects.
- On Thursday, you met Jacob Netzel of the Occoneechee Council. Jacob spent four years raising $40,000 to construct a memorial for fallen soldiers.
- On Friday, you met Jack Pape of the Mid-America Council. Jack provided first aid after the tornado at Little Sioux Scout Ranch in 2008.
What's at stake in this vote? Lots.
The winner will be flown to Washington, D.C., to receive the American Spirit Award and participate in National Medal of Honor Day activities on March 24–25. Also, he will be featured in an issue of Boys’ Life and will serve as an ambassador for the magazine's 100th anniversary celebration this year.
Click here to vote for your choice. Voting closes Feb. 11. Good luck to all four young men!