We’ve known the requirements for the new Venturing awards, and now we get our first look at what the awards themselves will look like.
The four patches, one square knot and one medal representing the Venturing, Discovery, Pathfinder and Summit Awards were first released on Venturing’s Facebook page. (Breaking news about Venturing is another compelling reason to like their page).
What you see here are four patches, going from the joining-level Venturing Award to the Summit Award, now the highest honor in Venturing. Each patch incorporates the Venturing logo, and the design gets progressively more intricate as a young man or young woman progresses in Venturing. (Take a closer look at the designs at the end of this post.)
Recipients of the Summit Award get an awesome patch but also receive a new medal. Plus, as adults, Summit Award recipients may wear the green, white and silver square knot pictured. It’s the same knot worn by recipients of the Venturing Silver Award.
Speaking of the Silver Award, previously the highest award in Venturing, don’t forget about the transition schedule as the Bronze, Gold and Silver awards are retired:
Current Awards: Bronze, Gold and Silver
- Venturers may continue working on these until Dec. 31, 2014
- Current Venturers may convert to the new awards beginning June 1, 2014. They must begin with the Discovery award, regardless of whether they earned Bronze, Gold and Silver. That’s because the award requirements have very little overlap.
- Venturers must use the new awards after Dec. 31, 2014
New Awards: Venturing, Discovery, Pathfinder and Summit
- Venturers may convert to the new awards on June 1, 2014:
- Current Venturers: Begin by working on the Discovery award
- New Venturers: Begin by working on the Venturing award
- All Venturers must use the new awards after Dec. 31, 2014
- See the requirements for these new awards here
New Venturing awards