- Philmont celebrates its one-millionth visitor
- Yes, summer months count toward advancement time
- What do the different colors of Scouting shoulder loops mean?
- What’s the most interesting or novel Eagle project idea you’ve seen?
- California continues dominance of Koch International Sea Scout Cup
Dinners at the jamboree have always been tasty, but they're about to get a whole lot better. Bring on the theme nights!
At the 2010 National Scout Jamboree next year, organizers have planned eight different theme nights for participating troops. The themes are:
- July 26: Western
- July 27: Tex-Mex
- July 28: Mardi Gras
- July 29: Iron Chef (patrols will create a dinner from secret ingredients)
- July 30: All-American
- July 31: Arena show (patrols will carry no-cook meals to the arena)
- Aug. 1: Asian
- Aug. 2: Dinner Impossible (adults cook for the Scouts)
- Aug. 3: Chicago
It's clear that boys and adult volunteers won't go hungry at this year's jamboree.
© 2014, Boy Scouts of America. All rights reserved.