Naughty or nice?
If you’re a Scouter, I’ll bet you’ve been nice (and Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, etc.) all year.
After all, the BSA wouldn’t exist without the selflessness of adult volunteers like you.
Surely Santa plans to reward you. But with what?
To find out, I asked Scouting magazine’s Facebook fans what’s on their wish list this year.
The responses fit into two basic categories: things money can’t buy and things it can.
Of course, there were no wrong answers, but these were some of my favorites:
Things money can’t buy
- More leaders — M.F.
- A sponsor for three new Scouts. — P.T.
- More time to spend with my sons! — G.D.
- Sleep. — B.A.
- Two more patrols! — S.M.
- A Cubmaster replacement for me so I can start training them for when my son crosses over in 2013! — S.A.
- Our missing Troop trailer. — T.B.
Things money can buy
- New uniforms for my hubby, son and myself. — M.D.
- A warm tent … Ya know, one with a heater! — C.S.
- Paid registration fee to 2013 Jambo. — R.R.
- A Dutch oven. — M.S.
- All the uniform parts that have gone missing in our house. — J.A.
- The Book of Man by Bill Bennett. I expect to get years of Scoutmaster Minutes from this book. — J.N.
- A gift certificate to REI! — S.M.
As for me, I’m asking for the Leatherman Style CS multitool. Carrying one of these makes sense if I want to Be Prepared for anything.
What’s on your holiday wish list? What are you giving the Scouts and Scouters in your life? Leave a comment below.
Photo by justinrussell on Flickr.