Homepage Forums Boy Scouts (Scouts BSA) YPT and Gender Identity

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Brian M. Coleman 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Brian M Coleman

Since gender identity discrimination is now enshrined in the new YPT training, will volunteers be held liable if they “misgender” or fail to use the correct pronouns? For example, if a biological female identifies as a male and joins a male troop and asks to be referred to by alternative pronouns, but the leader chooses to use their name or male pronouns, would that leader be in violation of YPT guidelines and subject to removal?

• #175944 Reply

Brian M. Coleman

I would like to request that the moderator remove my posts (they got duplicated) as it would appear no one wishes to comment or respond to my post. This is very disappointing after nearly 35 years of service as a scouter. I send my best to all the scouters I have had the privilege to work with over these many years. Pax Domini sit simper Vobiscum.

• #178769 Reply

Duane Jenkins

Choosing to use the wrong pronouns is not the qualities of a leader or mentor. You should not need to have YPT force you in order for you to not demean and belittle someone who wants to be part of the scouting program.

Reply To: YPT and Gender Identity
Your information: