Homepage Forums Scouts BSA When a youth turns 18.. Why does the BSA keep them on our roster?

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Committee Chair.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Committee Chair

We have 10 youth that turned 18 years old after Jan. 1, 2019. None of them have filled out an Adult App or completed YPT. So the way I understand it…they can’t attend any Troop outings. So why do they still show on our roster in my.scouting? Do I have to manually remove them? (Yes I know they will drop at recharter but some these boys turned 18 in Jan or Feb. ) Help me understand the logic.

Scouter

Youth (Classified as Youth Adult (YA) 18-21) still can be a member of the OA as a “youth” until 21 as a member of a Scouts BSA troop. I believe they do need to have youth protection however. Also, they have paid for the entire year, so it would be free to get them converted to an ASM or College Reserve just by completing a form. Keep in mind that Youths are a member of other BSA programs until the age of 21 and the system is just not that smart. (Venturing and Exploring)

Committee Chair

Thanks for the answer. It sounds like their is no specific logic to it… just a system that is not smart enough to remove them from a TROOP roster. (Seems it would be really easy to do though)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.