Homepage Forums Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts Varsity Scouts are older scouts (14 -15 or older)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Tom 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Charlie Dressen

Why are people also linking Varsity Scouts with the Boy Scouting Program age for Varsity is 14- 18 just like venture scouts the have 5 fields of emphasis just like the venture program the Varsity Scouts Don’t want to be with the younger kids. Think about before you always think they are the same. (THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!) and have different activities on the next level of scouting skills.

• #26233 Reply

Charlie Dressen

If anything it should Varsity and Ventures and Sea Scouts

• #26240 Reply

q

Venturers (not “venture scouts”) and Sea Scouts may be:

• girls, and
    • as old as 20.

As soon as Varsity makes way for those populations, it can fit in the Venturing framework.

On the other hand, you’re right! It’s a bit of an odd duck, and we should expect some maturity from varsity scouts that we may not observe in boy scouts — especially troops of younger boys.

• #26248 Reply

Derek

Aren’t Varsity scouts counted in the Venturing division now for membership accounting?

• #26299 Reply

q

Not as of last year …

• #26300 Reply

q
  • #30221 Reply

Tom

Denver because my flihgt the night before had been canceled due to weather. Oh, the adventures of traveling during the holidays, and I’ve been doing it for 24 years. But, on this my 25th year I am snuggled up on the couch

Reply To: Varsity Scouts are older scouts (14 -15 or older)
Your information: