Homepage Forums Boy Scouts (Scouts BSA) Problem saving Eagle Scout project workbook

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  stacey 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

stacey

My son has completed the workbook but it will not save. he lost everything once and reentered it and now we are trying to “save as” since the “save” caused him to lose everything and it keeps erroring out with “unable to save document. bad file handle”. we also get an error when we try to email it…which he will have to do eventually as he is only allowed to send an electronic file…no paper. Anyone else have this issue? We are super frustrated with this form.

• #121619 Reply

Jason

This is not an uncommon problem, and I’ve been told different reasons why. The most common is there is a file size limit and by exceeding it you can’t save the file. We allow scouts to can’t save the file to print out a copy instead. Once it is printed, the scout can then scan the document and create his own .pdf file that is easily saved.

• #125397 Reply

Middletownscouter

Sometimes the issue is filling out the PDF file from inside the browser window. I’ve found it to be a common problem with BSA PDF’s that if you open it from the website in a browser window, any data you type will print but will not save. If you save the file to your computer and open it within Adobe Reader it will be more likely to save. At least that is the most common issue I’ve run into with BSA fillable PDF forms in the past.

Reply To: Problem saving Eagle Scout project workbook
Your information: