Homepage Forums Scouts BSA One Hundred Scouts

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Q 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Leslie Bihari Jr

I’ve read the essay on “One Hundred Scouts” with great interest. The lines “Through Scouting, these twelve and many of their families will be brought into contact with a church and will continue to be active all their lives. Six of the one hundred will become pastors, ” actually aligns with our charter organization goals – our charter organization being a church. We are trying to develop a closer relationship with the charter organization, which has waned over the last few years – and the thought is this information would help do that. Is there data behind these statements? Even if it is dated information, it would prove useful.

Thank you.

• #219723 Reply

Q

I know a lot of pastors/priests who were scouts in their youth, so I think the statistic is reasonable. We have seen several scouts move on to full-time ministry. I don’t it’s 6%. But, a larger number of our former scouts have significant roles in their church (deacons, elders, etc …).

Reply To: One Hundred Scouts
Your information: