Homepage Forums General Scouting General Blog/Forum Feedback

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Q 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Nutmegger

It is worth having a thread to identify bugs in the new design and post suggestions for tweaks/improvements.

One thing that I noticed quickly was that on the “main” blog page you can no longer see how many comments are on a particular article. When I click through to see older entries, the number of comments is displayed beneath the title. It would be nice if that feature was uniform and the number of comments was visible for items displayed on the main page too.

• #26121 Reply

Dan Kurtenbach

Bryan, below the name of a forum topic is a line that says something along the lines of, “This topic contains ___ replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by __________ 1 week ago.” What is a “voice”?

• #26154 Reply

Yesterday’s Scout

I would like to see the “Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down” ratings on the comments reinstated. I too am curious, what is a “voice”?

• #26158 Reply

Steve Parker

I would like to see a way to log in, so I don’t have to do that every time. Register on the forum, and be done with it.

No need for an up or down vote in my opinion, it really serves no purpose.

• #26183 Reply

Yesterday’s Scout

It does serve a purpose – it lets the commenter see how his or her comment is accepted by other users. I suspect that is one reason they discontinued it – some of the things that National is pushing got too many “Thumbs Down” votes. Remember, Happy Happy! National can do no wrong. (Except even they admit that the change in rules and advancement they made in 1972 was a double train wreck.)

• #26185 Reply

Steve Parker

I guess I meant it doesn’t result in anything happening. I agree with your point.

• #26188 Reply

Yesterday’s Scout

On that we can both agree.

• #31983 Reply

Q

Hey little reply box, you’re back! I had thought there was a reason the forums went to login-only replies, but evidently Bryan had no clue what was happening. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind login-only (to minimize spam), if there was a simple “how to”.

Best would be if it was linked to the MyScouting accounts, but that’s a bit “out there” for this lot.

Reply To: General Blog/Forum Feedback
Your information: