Homepage Forums Boy Scouts (Scouts BSA) Eagle Mentor Pins

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Clif Conklin 4 months ago.

• Author

Diana Boyle

Question of the Day:

Does an Eagle have to present a Mentor pin only to those in Scouting…or can it be someone outside of Scouting who helped him become the person he is along his journey?

• #55498 Reply

Middletownscouter

My understanding is that the Eagle can choose to give a mentor pin to whomever he likes.

• #55520 Reply

Q

I agree. It is not uniform insignia, but rather intended to go on regular formal wear. (Not that proud scouters worry about such things … especially if their most formal clothing is their field uniform. :P)
      And, it would be an encouragement to someone who has invested in a boy to have a memento of their influence on his scouting career.

Of course, the best award is a visit 5 or 10 years down the road!

• #168605 Reply

Clif Conklin

When was the Mentor Pin first added to the Eagle Scout Award Kit?

• #171475 Reply

JaytheAntelope

The Mentor Pin…
    I’ve been an ASM with our unit for about three years. I will state for all that the Mentor Pins I’ve been honored with are among the items I am most proud to display on my uniform shirt. To be recognized by a Scout for the guidance and advice you’ve imparted on them during the time you’ve invested in them is the most humbling gift I have received. They are very special. I put the initials of each of the Scouts on the back of each and every one of them. I also place them in the same spots on my shirt–because that’s where they put them (because I’m a nerd like that).
    No, the recipient does not need to be in the Scout program. These are for the Scout to give as a small memento of appreciation.

Reply To: Eagle Mentor Pins
Your information: