Homepage Forums Cub Scouts Arrow of Light rank requirements

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Middletownscouter 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Aiden O’Connor

I am a new Arrow of Light den leader but I cannot find the requirements for the new rank. Does anyone know where I can find them and/or help me out in any way?

Thanks,
    Aiden O’Connor

• #57236 Reply

Commissioner Ben
  • #57676 Reply

Edward

The second half of the Cub Scout Webelos Handbook actually covers the Arrow of Light rank; theirs is a combined Webelos/Arrow of Light manual. All the requirements are on page 35.

• #57857 Reply

Scott

Here is a little nugget you need to be award of: The Scouting Adventure which is one of the Arrow of Light Core requirements is also virtually Identical to the “Scout Rank” which is the first level of Boy Scout. This new program is designed to have your scouts essentially set up to earn this Rank shortly after crossover. I encourage to meet with the Boy Scout Troops to get support!

• #61363 Reply

Matthew Bahr

I’m a cubmaster. Does anyone conduct a board of review for AoL scouts before they bridge? Our pack has traditionally done it, but I don’t see any requirements for it. Even though it is tradition, I think of it in a similar way to my secondary role as a merit badge counselor… if it’s not a requirement, then I can’t make it so.

• #61441 Reply

Middletownscouter

Seems like an interesting enough tradition, but it cannot be a requirement to finish the AOL.

The front page of the Guide to Advancement has the following note:

No council, committee, district, unit, or individual has the authority to add to, or subtract from, advancement requirements.

What goes on at these Boards? If it is more of an exit interview to allow the Pack feedback to improve on their program, seems like it might have some value.

Reply To: Arrow of Light rank requirements
Your information: