Earning the Eagle Scout rank is an impressive achievement that provides lasting impacts on one’s life. One of those impacts can be financial support for higher education.
Beginning December 1, the National Eagle Scout Association will be accepting applications for five annual scholarships of varying amounts. Applicants must have completed an Eagle Scout board of review before January 24, 2022; must be members of NESA (click here to join); and must submit their application through the NESA scholarship portal between December 1, 2021, and January 31, 2022. Full requirements and conditions are listed here.
Other eligibility requirements include:
- Eagle Scouts may apply for NESA scholarships beginning in their senior year of high school through their junior year in college.
- Recipients may receive a NESA scholarship one time only.
- NESA scholarships are available to Eagle Scouts attending four-year colleges or universities, vocational trade schools and other approved programs.
- NESA scholarships are not available to students attending any of the U.S. military academies.
- NESA scholarships are not available to graduate students pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree.
Last year, 45 Eagle Scouts received a total of $425,500 from NESA to aid in their educational endeavors. These scholarships are made possible by generous donors and NESA members that help the alumni organization.
To learn about scholarships offered to Scouts from other institutions, click here.