We’re not fully back in the woods just yet, but momentum is building toward a return to normal Scouting adventures.
This month, the Order of the Arrow wants to help you and your Scouts continue that momentum, recommit yourself to the joys of camping and prepare for a successful summer season in the outdoors.
At Momentum: Discover, a virtual event set for April 23 and 24, Scouts and Scouters from across the country will unite for informative training sessions, inspiring special guests and plenty of interactive fun suitable for the whole family.
The event is hosted by the Order of the Arrow, Scouting’s national honor society, but is open to all Scouts and Scouters — even those who are not members of the OA.
Anyone can watch the live sessions for free with no advance registration required. You can also opt for the $25 premium tier, which includes:
- A mailed patch and sticker
- The ability to watch program content on demand (useful if you can’t watch everything live)
- A chance to participate in the eventwide game
- Access to the Momentum: Discover Slack channel, which allows you to connect with other participants from across the nation
What’s on the schedule?
The packed schedule of events starts with the opening show on the night of Friday, April 23. If you’ve ever seen an OA show — at a council event, National Jamboree or National Order of the Arrow Conference — you know it’s going to be special.
On Saturday, April 24, the program begins at 10 a.m. and continues until the closing show (another sure-to-be-magical moment) ends at 11 p.m.
Scouts and Scouters are welcome to attend any or all of the weekend’s events.
With so much going on — 20 hours of original programming in all — organizers had to create two separate broadcast channels just to fit everything in.
At 12:30 p.m., for example, Channel 1 will feature a session on parks while Channel 2 streams one called “Soaking Up Scouting.”
Other highlights include:
- Interactive training sessions on topics like outdoor photography, outdoor skills, unit training, how to run virtual events (even after COVID) and more
- An exciting (and instructive) survival skills competition between OA regional chiefs
- The Arrowman Challenge — an obstacle-course competition where viewers can cheer on the OA national officers as they battle for bragging rights (great for fans of America Ninja Warrior)
- A cook-off between all the OA regional chiefs
From where is this being broadcast?
Scouts will be checking in live from BSA locations across the country. These include camps from every BSA region:
- Central Region: Theodore Naish Scout Reservation (Heart of America Council)
- Northeast Region: Camp Sequassen (Connecticut Yankee Council)
- Southern Region: Camp Strake (Sam Houston Area Council)
- Western Region: Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch (Denver Area Council)
How do I learn more?
Visit the official Momentum: Discover page to register and keep up with the latest news.
Inspire Leadership, Foster Values: Donate to Scouting
When you give to Scouting, you are making it possible for young people to have extraordinary opportunities that will allow them to embrace their true potential and become the remarkable individuals they are destined to be.Donate Today