It’s one thing to tell your friends about your latest Scouting adventure. It’s another to show them using crisp, insanely smooth 4K video.
Capture and share your latest Scouting adventure in a 30- to 60-second video to enter the GoPro BSA Adventure Ambassador Contest. No GoPro? No worries! The video can be captured on any camera or phone — see the full rules below.
Five winners will receive a GoPro HERO7 Black outfitted with GoPro accessories. Total retail value: more than $650.
The contest is open to Scouts and Venturers who are 13 or older, as well as adults.
Winners will become GoPro BSA Adventure Ambassadors, meaning their story will be shared with the world on the BSA’s official Instagram account.
What’s a GoPro BSA Adventure Ambassador?
In 2018, the BSA launched its Adventure Ambassador program. These are men and women who embody the Scouting sense of adventure. They climb up mountains, raft down rivers, camp in the backcountry and live life to the fullest.
Throughout 2018, you met these adventurers on Instagram — real women and real men from coast to coast who document their adventures and inspire you to live your own.
For 2019, the BSA has teamed up with GoPro to find the next wave of Adventure Ambassadors.
By opening the search to anyone with a phone or a camera, this should be the most awesome crop of Adventure Ambassadors yet.
How to enter
Here are the steps:
- Capture your BSA-approved outdoor adventure in a 30- to 60-second video.
- Edit the video, if you’d like, to make your submission really stand out. (Pro tip: Use the GoPro Quik App to create an incredible video edit with ease on your smartphone or tablet.)
- Make sure your video follows BSA guidelines, including what’s outlined in the Guide to Safe Scouting.
- Submit your video by sharing it with the hashtag #GoProBSAcontest or by uploading it on the entry page.
Here’s what else you need to know:
- You don’t need a GoPro to participate. You can use your camera or phone to capture your entry video. If you win, GoPro will upgrade your gear in the best possible way.
- Youth 13 or older and adults can enter.
- Videos will be judged based on creativity, relevance to BSA-approved outdoor adventures and representation of adhering to the Guide to Safe Scouting.
- The contest runs from March 1 through April 14, 2019.
- You can be part of GoPro’s VIP program to purchase GoPro products at a discounted rate. Find details on the contest entry page.
Learn more at the official contest site.
Next month, I’ll share my review of the GoPro HERO7 after taking the product for a spin. Stay tuned!