Escape the chill of winter while acquiring the latest tools to help your Scout unit succeed.
That’s the promise of a volunteer training conference at the Florida Sea Base. Pick from five weeklong conferences, each held in January 2018 at the BSA’s Florida home.
During your week in the Keys, you’ll learn new things and meet new people. The subject matter is excellent. The setting? Not too bad, either. You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the beauty of this area and soak up the mid-January highs of 72 and lows of 65.
Which conference will you choose? Here’s a look at each one. When you’re ready, go here to register.
Week 1: Jan. 7 to 13, 2018
- The Council/District Training Committee: Helps you increase the number of trained leaders while building a successful and sustainable training program. You’ll discover creative ways to reach the untrained leader; how to use unit trainers; and methods to recruit, train, and strengthen the district training team.
- The Conference on Education for Advancement Administrators (CEAA): This is an advanced learning experience for council and district volunteers and professionals who have advancement responsibilities. Of significant importance, it is an opportunity to assist in the development of educational materials and other resources that are used across the country.
- Strengthening Your Leadership Team: You’ll evaluate the volunteer recruiting process and discuss how to identify key needs, select and properly train the most qualified leaders, plan for succession, and more. Complete with practical recruiting exercises, team-building activities, and tools to engage a new generation of volunteers, this conference will enable participants to return to their communities prepared to significantly increase volunteer support.
Week 2: Jan. 14 to 20, 2018
- The Mechanics of Training: This vital conference will cover the mechanics of training, including the latest training tools, techniques and best practices. Participants will learn how to use My.Scouting Tools, the Learning Management System (LMS), training reports and basic training requirements for leaders.
- Key Concepts of Commissioner Service in Scouting’s Second Century: This conference will focus on the impact that commissioners have on units. Whether you directly serve a unit or serve as a roundtable or an administrative commissioner, this conference is for you. The conference will enable participants to strengthen the relationship between unit service and district operations while strengthening unit key 3 relationships.
How much? How do I register?
The course costs $495 for participants and $350 for spouses who aren’t attending the conference. The fee includes housing, meals, snacks, bedding and towels, course materials, and a sunset cruise if weather permits.
Register at ScoutingU.Kintera.org/FSB2018. You must register no later than Dec. 15, 2017.
How to get more info
Learn more about each of these conferences in this flier (PDF).
For questions about the conference, call 817-430-5323
For questions about Florida Sea Base facilities, call 305-393-7374