If you live in one of the 32 states with a Bass Pro Shops location, listen up.
September is the eighth annual Boy Scouts of America Month at Bass Pro Shops. The retailer of fishing, boating, camping and shooting supplies has a month of activities planned to support Scouting.
All month long, Bass Pro Shops will encourage people to join our movement, offer merit badge classes and allow shoppers to “Round Up for Boy Scouts.” That last effort encourages people to round their total to the nearest dollar, with the extra change going straight to Scouting — half to the BSA’s National Council and half to local councils.
To find your nearest Bass Pro Shops location, click here.
Earn a merit badge at Bass Pro
At nearly all of its U.S. locations*, Bass Pro Shops will help Scouts work toward the Fishing, Fish & Wildlife Management, and Rifle Shooting merit badges.
Classes are taught beginning at 6 p.m. local time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays on this schedule:
- Tuesday, Sept. 5 – Fishing MB
- Wednesday, Sept. 6 – Rifle Shooting MB
- Thursday, Sept. 7 – Fish and Wildlife Management MB
- Tuesday, Sept. 12 – Rifle Shooting MB
- Wednesday, Sept. 13 – Fish and Wildlife Management MB
- Thursday, Sept. 14 – Fishing MB
- Tuesday, Sept. 19 – Fish and Wildlife Management MB
- Wednesday, Sept. 20 – Fishing MB
- Thursday, Sept. 21 – Rifle Shooting MB
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 – Fishing MB
- Wednesday, Sept. 27 – Rifle Shooting MB
- Thursday, Sept. 28 – Fish and Wildlife Management MB
Bass Pro Shops did share this word of advice: Class size is limited. You or your Scouts should call the nearest Bass Pro Shops and register for a merit badge class over the phone.
For more information, go to basspro.com/boyscouts.
*Merit badge classes and donations are available at all U.S. locations, except Islamorada, Fla.; Branson, Mo.; and the Outlet store in Springfield, Mo.