At summer camps and water parks, in community centers and backyards, pool season is in full swing.
That makes now an auspicious time to remind you about the ways you can keep your children, Scouts and Venturers safe when swimming.
Today begins the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s third-annual Pool Safely Pledge Week, set for July 18 to 24, 2016. The Boy Scouts of America is a partner in promoting this important safety message.
There are separate pledges for youth and for adults, and they take just a minute to complete. The process is simple; the effort could save someone’s life.
The youth pledge
I pledge that I will …
- Pool Safely in 2016.
- Never swim alone.
- Ask my parents to sign me up for swimming lessons.
- Stay away from drains in the pool or hot tub.
- Have fun and always follow these safety steps when I’m in and around the water.
The adult pledge
I pledge that I will…
- Designate a water watcher every single time children in my care are in or near the water.
- Make sure my kids know how to swim.
- As a parent or guardian, learn CPR.
- Always remove portable pool ladders when not in use.
- Ensure all permanent pools have a proper fence and gate and safer drain covers.
Take the English pledge here.
Tomar la promesa española aquí.
Inspire Leadership, Foster Values: Donate to Scouting
When you give to Scouting, you are making it possible for young people to have extraordinary opportunities that will allow them to embrace their true potential and become the remarkable individuals they are destined to be.Donate Today