I can’t get enough of your best before-and-after Eagle project photos.
No, seriously. I can’t get enough. You can see more than 300 that I’ve already posted here, but I’m looking for more.
Here are the requirements:
- Send only two photos, one before and one after the project was completed.
- Horizontal photos work best.
- Make sure the photo is high-res.
- If possible, the photos should be from the same or similar angles so it’s clear how drastic the change was.
- Include the Eagle Scout’s first name, troop number, and the city and state of the project site.
- Include one or two sentences describing what was done — it’s not always obvious from the photo.
- Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Eagle Before and After.”
Here’s an example of what to send me, in addition to the two photos.
Who: Michael, Troop 1292, Detroit, Mich.
What: Michael and his helpers installed and landscaped a patio and walkway connecting two shelters for runaway teenage girls in Detroit.
This request shouldn’t be limited to the top award in Scouts BSA — and it isn’t.
It could also apply to Venturers who complete projects for the Summit Award, Venturing’s top award.
No construction? No problem!
What about Eagle projects that don’t have a construction element to them and therefore aren’t easily depicted in before-and-after photos? We want to see those, too.
You might have to get creative! For example, a Scout who completed a book drive might show a picture of herself standing in front of an empty table (before) and then a table filled with books (after).