What’s the next-best thing to visiting Philmont? That’s easy: Winning Scouting magazine’s Thursday giveaway.
Sure, winning the giveaway won’t fill you with a lifetime of memories like visiting Philmont would. But, hey, at least this week’s winners will be figuratively transported to that hallowed New Mexico site through jaw-dropping pictures and unforgettable stories.
Did I say “winners”? As in more than one? Yep.
This week, three randomly selected entrants will get a prize:
- The first person picked gets the Philmont Documentary Collection Blu-ray. This documentary, which I blogged about in December, captures the magic of Philmont in crystal-clear HD (value: $27).
- The second winner gets the same prize on DVD (value: $25).
- The third lucky entrant will receive Carry On! The Life Adventures of Joe Davis, a book about the legendary former director of camping at Philmont (value: $16).
Seeing Philmont in person is great. But until you’re able to do that, take a visit through Larry McLaughlin’s stellar documentary or James Sundergill’s inspiring book.
Here are the giveaway rules:
- Many will enter; three will win.
- Giveaway ends at 2 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Thursday, March 24.
- One entry per person.
- Submit your entry below and include a working e-mail address. I’ll contact the winners by e-mail to arrange shipment of the prize.
- I’ll use a random-number generator to select the winners after the entry deadline. Good luck!
Sorry, the entry deadline has passed. Here are the winners:
- Philmont Blu-ray: Kurt Larson, Greater Pittsburgh Council
- Philmont DVD: Todd S., San Diego Imperial Council
- Philmont Book: Kelli Cupp, Heart of America Council
Last week’s winner:
The winner of last Thursday’s giveaway was Richard Margrave of the Blue Ridge Mountains Council. I’ll send him the REI Zen sleeping bag. There were 884 entries in the giveaway.
Support the BSA National High Adventure Base Camp Scholarship Fund
Your support can help bridge the gap between ambition and access, allowing Scouts to participate in life-changing experiences at BSA’s National High Adventure Bases. Help make epic adventures a reality that will ignite a lifelong passion for the outdoors.Donate Today