What's New

Youth Sea Scouting Uniform – knots

Homepage Forums Venturing and Sea Scouting Youth Sea Scouting Uniform – knots

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mauricio 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Stuart Brandt

Can youth wear knots on their Sea Scout uniform? (Religous award, Eagle, Arrow of Light, Heroism, etc.)

Q

I think on the traditional uniform the answer was “no.” But that may not be the case for your ship and the uniform it chooses to use, nor does it seem to be the case for the New Century Uniform: http://www.seascout.org/support/policies-a-guidelines/74-new-century-uniform

Jerry

I used to be a lot stricter. My kids both get A’s and B’s with out me pinuhsg them. We work together on home work and most things come pretty easy to them. I used to be pretty hard on my son when he would come home with a B or even a C on a paper when it was something I knew he could do better at and he just didn’t follow directions or finish the assignment. Then last March he was diagnosed with ADHD and Aspergers. So although he was capable of the work he couldn’t focus to the extent he needed to to get the higher grades. So I am more understanding now but I still encourage him and I do believe he is doing his best.

Mauricio

My son only just started JK so my extoipatcen is that he puts his best foot forward, try’s new things and establishes good communication with his peers. Grades are obviously not a part of the program at this point, but i’m confident he will do well from grade’s one and up. As for behaviour we as parents lead by example so showing our children that being good to others, sharing in your family household and being a genrally positive good person in public will emanate through the school years as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.