Own autographed jamboree gear worn by Mike Rowe

Update, Aug. 5: Bidding on the main auction finished at $910! The winning bidder was anonymous per eBay policy, but if he or she wants to contact me to be recognized, please fell free.

Mike Rowe has some C.R.A.P. to sell you.

That’s “Collectibles Rare And Precious,” of course.

The Eagle Scout, Dirty Jobs star, skilled labor advocate and memorable speaker at this month’s jamboree is auctioning and selling some signed jamboree gear to benefit his foundation.

Rather than trying to explain it myself, I better let Mike handle that. Just watch this video in which he compliments the Scouting organization and shows what he’s putting up for bid or purchase:

There are two ways to get in gear:

Option One: For the really rare stuff, bid on this auction, which ends Sunday evening. The winner gets an autographed Dirt Patrol shirt, Mike’s autographed Boy Scout Jamboree All Access Pass, an autographed Profoundly Disconnected hat, and an autographed “Work Hard AND Smart poster.” As of this writing, bidding on all that good stuff is up to $585 and climbing.

Option Two: If you’re not in the bidding mood or just want one or two of these items, go here to buy some of Mike’s limited-edition merchandise, available either signed or unsigned.

Don’t worry; you won’t be padding Mike’s wallet if you make a purchase. Proceeds go to the mikeroweWORKS Foundation and help fund scholarships for those who take the time to learn a skill and master a trade.

Great guy and a great cause. We could use a lot more Mike Rowes out there — famous faces unafraid to advocate for Scouting values.

Photo copyright Boy Scouts of America

11 Comments on Own autographed jamboree gear worn by Mike Rowe

1. Christopher Fay // July 31, 2013 at 11:22 am // Reply

I was at Fort A. P. Hill to hear him, and last week at the ‘Summit’, and now I’ve heard this… this guys gets funnier every time. Thank you Mike Rowe for supporting us as an organization, because we do for the kids… who are America’s most precious resource. The boys of today have enough critics… they are most in need of supporters and mentors. You have provided an invaluable resource. Thank you, from a 1976 Eagle Scout, and current leader.

2. sheldon gotesky // July 31, 2013 at 12:12 pm // Reply

Are they going to issue a DVD on all picturers and activities for others to purchase.

Sheldon G.

3. Michael Ohleger // July 31, 2013 at 12:21 pm // Reply

At the 2010 Jamboree Mike Rowe “Dirt Dies” T-shirts were available in the Trading Post. At the Summit, the Drt Patrol T-shirts were no where to be found. Is there any information on these? I’d buy several if available.

• Dirt Patrol shirts were available in the Gateway trading post, but they went fast! I haven’t seen them on ScoutStuff…

4. The dirt patrol shirts and patches were not out in the trading post until the day after the stage show. We went in the rain to get ours.

5. My son got a dirty job at Jambo….he got to dump a slop bucket that held 3 day old liquids, including milk….In the 90 degree weather it was not so sweet smelling….he lost his lunch in his tent, poor kid.

6. My son tried in vain to get a DirtWorks shirt at the Jamboree. He waited in a three hour line only to be turned away. Now I see them up on eBay for profit. It’s been a disappoint to say the least.

• Mind you, I applaud Mike’s fundraiser but I have been seeing private folks sell for profit and that is a shame for the boys.

7. Michael Bresnahan // August 2, 2013 at 7:44 am // Reply

Mike Rowe should be named honorary president of the BSA

• Mike Clinch // August 5, 2013 at 7:38 am // Reply

The Boy Scouts in Great Britain have an administrative president who runs the organization, and a position called “Chief Scout” who is the public face of the organization. The curent Chief Scout is Bear Grylls. I’d suggest a similar position for the BSA, with Mike Rowe as our Chief Scout.

One unique honor for the English Chief Scout – they are awarded the Silver Wolf, the equivalent of our Silver Buffalo. During their tenure as Chief Scout, they wear Baden Powell’s Silver Wolf award, and pass it along to the next Chief Scout when they retire. Then they wear their own.

• Charles McKinley // August 15, 2013 at 11:39 pm // Reply

Mike I think that’s an outstanding idea!! Make Mike Rowe the BSA’s first Chief Scout!

Also, I’ve seen where the Dirt Patrol is supposed to be a new BSA program with shirts, patches, coins, etc… In the scout shops but I can’t find any info. Help.