If the thought of another winter shoveling snow numbs your toes, consider going south.
Ditch the parka, pack a pair of Bermuda shorts, and head to the Florida Sea Base for one of its weeklong training conferences for volunteers.
This January, you can choose from nine different courses, each led by seasoned Scouters and members of national-office teams. And of course, spending a week in the Florida Keys — with lows in the 60s and highs in the mid-70s — makes the deal even hotter.
Conference fees usually run $400. But one course, called “How to Grow and Sustain Venturing,” offers a $100 discount to the first 10 people who register.
Check out the details, including course names and how to sign up, after the jump.
- Jan. 13-18, 2013
- The Unit Commissioner
- Venturing, The NEW Vision
- Conducting Advanced Leadership Training
- How to Grow and Sustain Venturing
- Jan. 21-26, 2013
- Identifying Youth Who Want to Join Scouting
- The Mechanics of Advancement
- FBI—The Faith-Based Initiative
- Delivering Training to Unit Leaders
- Venturing in The Ward
Find a longer description of each session at the PDF link under “How to Register,” below.
- $400 for conference participants, $300 for spouses
- This fee includes: bunk-style housing, meals, bedding and towels, course materials for participants, and daily programs for spouses.
- Remember, the Membership Impact Team is offering a $100 discount for the first 10 who sign up for “How to Grow and Sustain Venturing.”
How to Register
Download this PDF registration form, and mail it in.
Deadline to register is Dec. 15, 2012.
For questions about registration and course content, call 972-580-2417.
For questions about facilities and accommodations, dial 305-664-4173.