What’s the greatest story never told?
Specifically, your trail to Eagle and the ways it changed your life — both during and after.
Whether you earned Scouting’s top honor six days or six decades ago, your tale is worth sharing. So submit it to the Boy Scouts of America and licensee DK Publishing, which are teaming up to create a special book commemorating 100 years of Eagle Scouts.
A book about Eagle Scouts written by Eagle Scouts like you? Sounds sweet.
Here’s the deal:
- Tell the BSA what being an Eagle Scout means to you and how it has influenced your life. Or tell them about a favorite memory along your trail to Eagle.
- Keep your submission to 250 words or less.
- E-mail your writeup to email@example.com with the subject line “Eagle Scout Book.”
- Send it by midnight on Feb. 28, 2012.
- If you have a photo of yourself in uniform and would like to share it for consideration, attach it to your e-mail. The photo’s resolution should be at least 300 dpi at 5-by-7 inches to be usable.
Then you wait. In early April, the BSA and DK will select testimonials to put in the book, and those Eagle Scouts will be contacted directly.
Good luck, and thanks for sharing your story!