What’s the next-best thing to visiting Philmont? That’s easy: Winning Scouting magazine’s Thursday giveaway.
Sure, winning the giveaway won’t fill you with a lifetime of memories like visiting Philmont would. But, hey, at least this week’s winners will be figuratively transported to that hallowed New Mexico site through jaw-dropping pictures and unforgettable stories.
Did I say “winners”? As in more than one? Yep.
This week, three randomly selected entrants will get a prize:
- The first person picked gets the Philmont Documentary Collection Blu-ray. This documentary, which I blogged about in December, captures the magic of Philmont in crystal-clear HD (value: $27).
- The second winner gets the same prize on DVD (value: $25).
- The third lucky entrant will receive Carry On! The Life Adventures of Joe Davis, a book about the legendary former director of camping at Philmont (value: $16).
Seeing Philmont in person is great. But until you’re able to do that, take a visit through Larry McLaughlin’s stellar documentary or James Sundergill’s inspiring book.
Here are the giveaway rules:
- Many will enter; three will win.
- Giveaway ends at 2 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Thursday, March 24.
- One entry per person.
- Submit your entry below and include a working e-mail address. I’ll contact the winners by e-mail to arrange shipment of the prize.
- I’ll use a random-number generator to select the winners after the entry deadline. Good luck!
Sorry, the entry deadline has passed. Here are the winners:
- Philmont Blu-ray: Kurt Larson, Greater Pittsburgh Council
- Philmont DVD: Todd S., San Diego Imperial Council
- Philmont Book: Kelli Cupp, Heart of America Council
Last week’s winner:
The winner of last Thursday’s giveaway was Richard Margrave of the Blue Ridge Mountains Council. I’ll send him the REI Zen sleeping bag. There were 884 entries in the giveaway.