We're here to help. Or, more accurately, you're here to help one another. We asked for holiday gift suggestions on our Facebook page, and you shared some great ideas.
Here are 10 that should get you started. Including today, there are only 18 more shopping days until Christmas, so Be Prepared!
- The most-requested gift was a Dutch Oven, an essential piece of any Scout unit's kitchen.
- Iain A. wants non-cotton clothing for his Okpik campout. "I don't know about you, but I never used to read clothing tags, and apparently everything I own is cotton," Iain says.
- Several Scouters wanted a new tent, including Pam G. "Ours has a hole in it," she says.
- Sleeping bags were another popular request. "Our council camps are during a time when it's still quite cold at night," Tabitha K. says.
- Peg T. has a simple wish for her unit: "Our pack would be happy with new flags!" she says.
- For Jeremy S., the request is for something intangible: a camping trip to Zippel Bay, a Minnesota state park.
- SmartWool Socks are at the top of Jason M.'s list. They're the "best socks to keep feet warm in the winter and cool and dry in the summer," he says.
- A GPS unit was on the minds of many who responded. Kelly G. wants one so she can teach her Webelos Scout son how to geocache.
- With temperatures falling, snowshoes might be under the tree for Scouters like Jeanette R., who wants some for an outing with her pack.
- And finally, Lucy C. has something that we'd all like. This gift, though, won't fit in a box, and it can't be wrapped: "Time for more camping!" We're with you on that one, Lucy!
What's on your wish list? Share in the comments section below.