Does your unit have a Facebook page? If not, now's a great time to start one. Just head to Facebook and sign up for a free account to get started.
Once your page is up and running, converting followers of your page into members of your unit is the next challenge. To help with that problem, here are the Greater St. Louis Area Council's Top 10 tips for using Facebook in recruiting:
- Show your friends you're involved in Scouting.
- Share the fun you've had during Scouting activities.
- Promote planned Scouting activities.
- Post photographs of fun Scouting activities.
- Talk about your satisfaction with Scouting in your unit, training courses, camps or other programs.
- Join Facebook groups in your community and spread the word about Scouting. For example, join your elementary school's Facebook page and promote School Night to Join Scouting and other events.
- Promote your School Night to Join Scouting date.
- Share your School Night to Join Scouting success stories and how youth and adults can still sign up if they missed the event.
- Shine the spotlight on your new Tiger Cub dens, parents who will lead the dens and how they're getting started.
- Educate and encourage new parents and leaders to visit Scouting websites and subscribe to e-newsletters.
Now that you're a Facebook pro, be sure to connect with fellow Scouting magazine readers on our Facebook page.
Chime In: What works and doesn't work on your unit's Facebook page?